Sustainable Roof Ventilation
- Warranty Information
Solar Whiz is a 100% solar-powered roof ventilation system that keeps your home cooler, drier, and overall more comfortable.
Heat throughout the day will gather in your roof space and has nowhere to go but down through your ceiling. This heat warms up your living spaces, especially the top-level of multi-storey homes. Worse, the heat typically stays in your roof space well into the evening and night if there’s no way for it to escape.
Solar Whiz extracts this heat load by ventilating it and replacing it with cooler, ambient air. This puts less strain on your air conditioning, as it won’t be trying to actively cool down air that is constantly warming underneath your ceiling.
Accessories for a Better System
Solar Whiz offers a range of accessories to improve the operation of your ventilation system.
- Night Operations System
The Night Operations System (or Constant Current Module) allows your Solar Whiz system to top up electricity from mains power if you wish to run the system in low-light conditions or at night.
- Adjustable or Fixed Temperature Thermostat
Thermostats allow your system to run at specified temperatures, allowing you to keep the heat in through winter when warmth is most important!
- Installation Accessories
Throat extension collars for roof spaces with limited clearance for installation, gable fans, diffusers… Solar Whiz has a component for every roof style.
- 100% Solar Powered – You benefit from up to 2,100 m3/h without having to spend a single cent on operational costs.
- Out-performs a Whirlybird – Solar Whiz systems are equivalent to installing up to 20× whirlybirds on your roof.
- Suitable for Tiled OR Metal Roofs – Flexible aluminium flashing allows for a watertight seal that can be installed on either tiled or metal roofs.
- Minimises Moisture & Condensation – Moisture anywhere near timber can quickly lead to mould, mildew, and eventually timber rot; but Solar Whiz’s powerful airflow keeps air movement constant and prevents structural damage in the first place.
- Commercial Options – If you have a commercial space that you need to ventilate, Solar Whiz Commercial offers units that extract 7,000 m3/h and 10,000 m3/h respectively.
- DIY-Friendly – With the right tools, a handyman can install a unit without the need for an electrician or carpenter.
The Solar Whiz system is completely DIY-friendly with easy to follow instructions. If the Night Operation System is installed, a certified electrician will be required to install the power point necessary for the power pack.
The Solar Whiz is typically positioned on the highest point of your roof closest to the ridgeline, and several eave vents will be installed in your eaves or lowest point of the roof for replacement air intake. The mounted PV panel will be tilted facing true north at a degree best suited for capturing as much available sunlight throughout the year.
Solar Whiz units come in 4 distinct sizes, each suited for different sized homes or extraction needs.
Solar Whiz provides a warranty of 10 years for the PV panels attached to the unit, and 2 years for the components of the unit itself.
We guarantee that all products sold are free from manufacturing faults and defects for a period of 24 months from the date of original delivery. In the event that a product is proven to be defective, you are entitled to the restoration of the goods through repair or replacement, whichever is decided as being the most efficient and effective remedy.
It should also be noted that the guarantee does not cover:
- Any breakage caused by negligent and/or improper use of the goods
- Changes caused by normal wear and tear
- Any damage caused by lack of and/or erroneous maintenance
- Any damage due to an accident or force
- Degradation of finish caused by environmental factors