In Ground Cooling (IGC)
- Warranty Information
In Ground Cooling utilises a simple solar-powered fan to draw fresh air through a series of underground piping where it is cooled by the naturally cool temperatures below ground. This air is then brought up into the house where it provides cool, fresh air. The system comprises of a simply air supply outlet at the end furthest from your home, which connects to a 125mm manifold pipe. Along this manifold, a total of 24 parallel lengths of 8 meter tubing supplies fresh air through to the home via a ducted fan. It’s 100% free-to-run, far more sustainable than a standard air conditioner, and is relatively easy to install in new house builds. It’s the perfect excuse to make a flower bed or garden to help shade your topsoil!
- 100% Solar Powered – In Ground Cooling uses the same components that a regular Solar Whiz roof ventilator would use—so you get 100% free-to-run air conditioning all day, every day.
- Pairs Perfectly with SAM – The system can operate in tandem with Solar Air Module™ to use the PV panel supplied with the solar air heating system.
- Ideal for New Homes – If you’re in the market to build a new sustainable home, In Ground Cooling is easiest to install while you’re excavating or laying foundations.
In Ground Cooling can be theoretically installed by anyone with suitable handy-man skills, but the digging required to lay the below-ground piping may best be suited towards an excavation digger.
Solar Air Module In Ground Cooling provides a warranty of 10 years for the PV panels, and 2 years for all other components.
We guarantee that all products sold are free from manufacturing faults and defects for a period of 24 months from the date of original delivery. In the event that a product is proven to be defective, you are entitled to the restoration of the goods through repair or replacement, whichever is decided as being the most efficient and effective remedy.
It should also be noted that the guarantee does not cover:
- Any breakage caused by negligent and/or improper use of the goods
- Changes caused by normal wear and tear
- Any damage caused by lack of and/or erroneous maintenance
- Any damage due to an accident or force
- Degradation of finish caused by environmental factors